Monday, April 20, 2009

Twitter --> www.twitter.com/AshleyMarks87

I was reading an article on companies and Twitter. The article covers everything from Amazon ignoring complaints of LGBT literature disappearing and a Dominos video showing employees making an unsanitary pizza. But I was distracted by two other articles...

Why was this so interesting? I don't know... the mystery of celebrity. At least this was for a good cause. Kutcher said he'd donate 10,000 mosquito nets in time for World Malaria Day if he had the most followers.
"Ashton Kutcher single-handedly conquered CNN. On Twitter, anyway."
"Earlier in the week, Kutcher realized he had only about 50,000 fewer Twitter followers than the cable news network - - each had more than 800,000."
"I just found it astonishing that one person can actually have as big a voice online as what an entire media company can," Kutcher said in a video he posted online."

In his humor, Kutcher then "vowed to "ding-dong ditch" CNN mogul Ted Turner's Atlanta home if he arrived at the milestone first."

Kutcher ended up with 1 million followers. ONE MILLION. 
I am not sure why I would follow most of these people just to become a number on their Twitter list. 
However I may follow them just to see more of these posts...

Snoop Dogg "mad cuties up on twizzle who want to holla first boww woooww"
Kevin Smith "Finally cleaning my office. Why do I bother keeping anything? When I'm dead, it'll probably all just get thrown out."
And most notedly, John Mayer "BREAKING CELEBRITY NEWS: I was sitting with my legs crossed for too long and my penis fell asleep."

No comments: